Letter from Principal Bickford regarding February 9th Election Day:
February 9th is Primary Election Day here at Iber Holmes Gove Middle School
For several years the Town of Raymond has set up the polls here at the middle school in the gymnasium. Over the years we have had to make some adjustments to help meet the needs of the voters and to continue to provide a safe learning environment for our students. We anticipate a relatively high percentage of our town’s voters will want to have their votes counted in the Presidential Primary on February 9th. Representatives from the town and from the school district recently met to plan for an expected high turnout of voters. We would like to share the following with the community in hopes of assisting both the voters and our parents.
- The polls will be open from 7:00 am to 7:00 pm. in the middle school gym.
- The busy times in our parking lot are 7:00 – 8:00 am and 2:00 – 3:00 pm when students are coming to school and when we dismiss our students . Therefore we are asking the following:
- IHGMS Parents – Please use only the pick-up/drop off lane nearest the school on Feb. 9. We would like to allow the voting public to be able to use the lane furthest from the school to be able to exit the parking lot without getting tied up in the student drop off/pick up process.
- Raymond Voters – Please avoid using the travel lane in the parking lot closest to the building from 7:00 – 8:00 am and from 2:00 – 3:00 pm.
- The bus lane is off limits to all vehicles, other than busses, from 7:00-8:00 am and 2:00-3:00 pm.
- There will be school district personnel and Raymond Police officers in the parking lot during the busy times to assist everyone during these high volume times. Please be sure to ask for assistance if you need it.
- We ask the voting public to enter the building through the gym entrance
- Please use the main entrance of the school for any school business
Please feel free to contact us here at the middle school if you have any questions or need additional information, 895-3394, ext. 4400 or firstname.lastname@example.org